Who we are
GM Healthcare Academy is a partnership between the NHS, community pharmacy and others. We were initially created as the vehicle for ensuring cohesive, high-quality workforce development for community pharmacies in Greater Manchester, with an ambition to develop further to include other primary care teams.
Our founder members include:
- Greater Manchester Health & Social Care Partnership (GMHSCP), which oversees health and social care and includes all NHS organisations and local authorities in the city region.
- Greater Manchester Pharmacy Local Professional Network, the formal body providing clinical input into commissioning and operational decisions.
- Greater Manchester Local Pharmaceutical Committee (GMLPC) and Bolton Local Pharmaceutical Committee (BLPC), the statutory bodies that represent community pharmacy contractors in the city region.
- CHL (CPGM Healthcare Limited), the provider company for community pharmacies in Greater Manchester.
We are supported by CPPE (the Centre for Pharmacy Postgraduate Education), based at the University of Manchester. CPPE is funded by Health Education England and is the leading postgraduate training provider for registered pharmacy professionals.
what we do
We run a wide range of education, training, development and networking events that are free to attend unless otherwise specified. Our services include:
- Training, education, CPD & engagement events
- Service delivery tools & support to enhance benefits for patients and providers
- Public health campaign training, tools & resources
- Clinical and non-clinical skills
- Personal & team development
- Engaging the whole team
- Working with commissioners to develop training & support that improves outcomes
Our mission is: Developing teams, enhancing care for future generations. We focus on training & engaging pharmacy teams to deliver excellent services that make a real difference to people’s lives. Our goals are:
- Consistency, quality & continuity of community pharmacy services
- Empowering pharmacy teams to deliver services of the highest standard
- Ensuring patients can benefit from excellent and accessible services
- Increasing pharmacy teams’ engagement in activities that help people live healthier lives and enjoy a better quality of life
- Enhancing collaborative working across health and social care
what makes us special
We understand every aspect of service provision. Our partnership model brings the combined expertise of frontline community pharmacy, commissioners, and leading education and training providers.
This 360-degree perspective gives us a unique ability to:
- Engage teams & gain shared understanding of key goals, standards & outcomes for service delivery
- Identify & overcome barriers that hinder teams in daily practice
- Deliver expert training & support that achieves results and makes a real difference to outcomes for patients/service users